New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dodo
Warrant Officer

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2016 :  07:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone has any photos or information on John Donald Range Cromarty I'd be hugely grateful. He is my cousin and his Lancaster went down over Berlin in Jan 1944 . It has taken all these years to find & identify the bodies & next week (27/4/16) there is going to be a rededication ceremony in Berlin so that his grave & those of the others in his crew are no longer " unknown". John , or Jack as he was known to my mum , his cousin, wasn't married, had no children or siblings so the only photos we have of him are as a tiny boy ....the MOD & Bob Osborne (Sussex Aircrew Asscn) would really like a photo of him in his RAF Uniform to include in the accounts they are complling of the story of the crew of JB640 . The other crew members were .F.E.Woolven. N.H.Colebatch L.N.Lapthorne D.F.Burtenshaw R.J.Collens . K.S.J Chapman.

If anyone has any photos or information on P/O John Donald Range Cromarty I'd be hugely grateful. He was my cousin and his Lancaster went down over Berlin in Jan 1944 . It has taken all these years to find & identify the bodies & next week (27/4/16) there is going to be a rededication ceremony in Berlin so that his grave & those of the others in his crew are no longer marked as " unknown". John , or Jack as he was known to my mum , his cousin, wasn't married, had no children or siblings so the only photos we have of him are as a tiny boy ....the MOD & Bob Osborne (Sussex Aircrew Asscn) would really like a photo of him in his RAF Uniform to include in the accounts they are complling of the story of the crew of JB640 . The other crew members were .F.E.Woolven. N.H.Colebatch L.N.Lapthorne D.F.Burtenshaw R.J.Collens . K.S.J Chapman.

Web Owner
Forum Admin

Australia
147 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2016 :  11:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to me that the logical place to look for a more recent photo would be from his service record.
If the MOD has an interest then they should be able to source this file, else you may apply for a copy of his service record but this will cost you! (appx 30 last time I looked)

Regards

Robin Riley
Go to Top of Page

Dodo
Warrant Officer

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2016 :  00:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for somehow duplicating my original post

The Dept from MOD that has been instrumental in all this say they don't have a photo of him ...guess it must have been lost from his record
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
156 Squadron © Robin Riley Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000